We want every school in the Woodlands Federation to be outstanding within three years.
To achieve this we will create a distinctive federation, built around leadership and learning, that results in the Woodlands Federation being recognised as one the most successful and innovative of its type.
Children will always come first and our federation will be judged on how well we educate and support them. Whatever their ability, we will help them to achieve a level that surpasses expectation. By placing leadership and learning at the heart of what we do, we will create a culture of success and learning which will sustain them into secondary education and in the wider community.
- Provide an outstanding education for all of our children
- Enable our schools to bring the best practice, best teachers and best learning together so that children benefit from the sharing of ideas and expertise that produce outstanding learning.
We value and embrace the uniqueness of our schools with their own individual ethos and the communities they serve. We celebrate and share our best practices to benefit children across the federation.
Our goals and objectives
Woodlands Federation was set up in 2014 as the first primary three-school federation in East Sussex. Our goal is for every school in the Woodlands Federation to be outstanding within three years. To achieve this goal, we have set two key objectives for the next three years:
Objective 1 - to support our schools on their journey to sustained outstanding performance through leadership and learning
To achieve this objective:
- We will support collaboration between our schools to accelerate improvement and embed outstanding performance through great leadership and inspirational teaching.
- We will work together to identify, share and embed inspirational teaching and learning strategies that transform classroom practice.
- We will work together to identify, share and embed inspirational teaching and learning strategies that transform classroom practice and parental engagement.
- Forge effective partnerships with parents and seek to engage and enthuse them at every level of their children’s education.
Objective 2 - to develop, support and train our staff so that they can be inspirational leaders, outstanding teachers, and excellent supporters of children’s learning
To achieve this objective:
- We will create a management programme for staff that supports the development of inspirational leadership at every level of the federation.
- We will deliver high quality professional development for all staff in order to develop a federated learning community.
- We will ensure that there are unique enrichment, development, and support opportunities available to all children through our relationship with our local communities.
- We will review our schools’ development plans regularly to ensure they enable us to achieve our goals and objectives.